Two people in Kingston have been charged after a joint investigation between the RCMP and the Canada Border Services Agency. Authorities say both were charged with attempting to import handguns through the mail to help them with drug trafficking.On Oct. 18, border security agents intercepted a Canada Post package in Toronto that contained two nine-millimetre pistols. Police say the guns are meant to be movie props but are illegal in Canada because they can be converted into lethal weapons.
- Smuggling prohibited goods into Canada
- Possession of controlled imported goods
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Importing a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a firearm
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.