June 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Three quarters of New Brunswickers satisfied with province’s response to historic flooding: poll

Simon Barton, left, and Chelsea Burley wear make shift waders of garbage bags and packing tape as they cross a flooded road in Saint John, N.B. on Sunday, May 6, 2018. Swollen rivers across New Brunswick are still rising, flooding streets and properties and forcing people from their homes in several communities.

CANADIAN PRESS/Andrew Vaughan
A A

A new poll indicates that a large majority of New Brunswickers are satisfied with the provincial government’s response to the historic levels of flooding last month.

The poll, conducted by Corporate Research Associates (CRA), asked 400 adult New Brunswickers their thoughts on the government’s response to the flooding.

Three hundred and eight of those who were polled said they were completely, or mostly satisfied with the government’s response.

WATCH: New flood guidelines coming to New Brunswick

Roughly 13 per cent of respondents indicated they were completely or mostly dissatisfied with the emergency response and 10 per cent said they did not have an opinion on the matter.

“Despite the devastating floods that hit New Brunswick this spring, residents in the province appear to be satisfied with the emergency response to those floods,” said Don Mills, chairman and CEO of CRA.

“At the same time, there remains a lot of restoration work to be completed in the areas directly affected by the floods.”

The telephone poll was accurate to within 4.9 percentage points, 95 times out of 100.

© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.