February 4, 2018 10:24 pm
Updated: February 7, 2018 7:28 pm

12-year-old boy dead after carbon monoxide exposure at Airdrie apartment

WATCH ABOVE: RCMP continue to investigate the cause of a carbon monoxide leak at an apartment complex in Airdrie. As Tracy Nagai reports, a boy died in hospital and three other people were treated.

A A

A 12-year-old boy died in hospital after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at an Airdrie, Alta., apartment early Sunday.

LISTEN: Angela Kokott speaks to the mother of the young boy you died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Insp. Kim Pasloske with the Airdrie RCMP said the boy died in hospital at around 5 p.m. Police will not be releasing the identity of the boy.

“It is with great sadness that I’m here to tell you that the 12-year-old taken to hospital has succumbed to his injuries,” she said.

“Our thoughts are with the family of this young boy.”

READ MORE: Airdrie apartment evacuated after carbon monoxide detected

LISTEN: Carol Henke from the Calgary Fire Department chats with CHQR’s Rob Breakenridge about Carbon Monoxide safety.

© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.