12-year-old boy dead after carbon monoxide exposure at Airdrie apartment
A 12-year-old boy died in hospital after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at an Airdrie, Alta., apartment early Sunday.
LISTEN: Angela Kokott speaks to the mother of the young boy you died from carbon monoxide poisoning
Insp. Kim Pasloske with the Airdrie RCMP said the boy died in hospital at around 5 p.m. Police will not be releasing the identity of the boy.
“It is with great sadness that I’m here to tell you that the 12-year-old taken to hospital has succumbed to his injuries,” she said.
“Our thoughts are with the family of this young boy.”
LISTEN: Carol Henke from the Calgary Fire Department chats with CHQR’s Rob Breakenridge about Carbon Monoxide safety.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.