North Edmonton fire leaves man homeless, at least for Wednesday night
A man was left looking for somewhere to spend the night after a fire broke out in his north Edmonton home on Wednesday night.
A spokesperson with Edmonton Fire Rescue Services said crews were called to a house in the area of 104 Street and 132 Avenue just after 7:30 p.m. after a neighbour smelled smoke, and then saw smoke coming from a house.
Fire officials said it took firefighters more than an hour to get the blaze under control. They said the man who lives in the home arrived at the house as firefighters were battling the fire.
No injuries were reported and the man is the only person who lives in the home, fire officials said.
There’s no word on the extent of the damage or what sparked the fire.
Officials said it wasn’t clear when the resident would be able to return home.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.