The Canadian Taxpayers Federation is calling on TransLink to rein in what the top brass take home.
The corporation has released its executive compensation for 2016.
- CFO Cathy McLay is the top earner, with total remuneration last year of $375,103.
- CEO Kevin Desmond makes $317,600.
- President of Coast Mountain Bus company Haydn Acheson’s total package weighs in at $288,877.
- President of BC Rapid Transit Company Vivienne King is listed at $286,278.
- Transit Police Chief Doug LePard’s total remuneration is $157,065.
The compensation is drawing criticism from the Taxpayers Federation’s B.C. Director Kris Sims.
“The CFO makes $30,000 more than Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.”
“These are surgeon-level salaries for operating a transit system for one area of B.C.,” She says.
READ MORE: TransLink selects Kevin Desmond as new CEO
“It’s too much money, especially when you remember it’s all our money. It’s rate payer and taxpayer money. This isn’t a private bank. ”
TransLink’s CEO salary is actually lower than a few years ago, after the Mayors’ Council approved a new compensation plan.
It should be noted, Desmond, LePard and King were hired in March of last year, and didn’t make their full yearly salary.