CALGARY – Red Deer RCMP are investigating the death of a dog which appears to have been poisoned.
The owner contacted RCMP on Monday, saying her dog had become very sick after escaping her yard in Jepsen Crescent in the Johnstone neighbourhood on Saturday afternoon. By Saturday evening, the dog had become so ill it had to be put down.
The vet who treated the dog told RCMP the animal had ingested chicken and antifreeze.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Red Deer RCMP at 403-343-5575 or contact Crime Stoppers.
As of 11 a.m. on Monday, both RCMP and the veterinary clinic involved said this was the only poisoning case they were investigating.