A 45-year-old man who pointed a gun at police on Sunday is facing a slew of weapons and threats-related charges.
RCMP say they received a report of a man making death threats against another person in Lower Sackville at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
Police located the suspect at a home in Dartmouth, but when officers arrived the man pointed a handgun at them.
Paul Edward Connolly, from Dartmouth, was quickly arrested and no one was injured.
He is now facing a number of charges including;
- Two counts of uttering death threats
- Pointing a firearm
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public
- Two counts of possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Assault with a weapon
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Two counts of possession of a weapon obtained by an offence
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
Connolly is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth provincial court on March 23.