Advertisement

Fire in Saddle Ridge leaves family homeless

CALGARY – Firefighters responded to a fire that badly damaged a home in the community of Saddle Ridge early Saturday morning.

The fire broke out in the 100 block of Saddlemont Crescent N.E. around 5:30 a.m.

Stu Laird, a battalion chief with the Calgary Fire Department, said two people and a dog were inside the home when the fire started.

They all managed to get out safely and no injuries were reported.

At first, crews called a second alarm due to heavy smoke and flames coming from the house. Firefighters were able to bring the flames under control quickly.

Officials said the home was so badly damaged, the family won’t be allowed to return home for the time being.

Sponsored content