January 8, 2016 11:03 am
Updated: January 8, 2016 3:44 pm

Quebec baby out of danger after suffering severe burns when seat left on stove

WATCH ABOVE: A baby girl was burned while sitting in a child seat that her parents had left on top of a lit stove. Global's Kelly Greig reports.


VICTORIAVILLE, Que. – Quebec provincial police said the life of a baby girl is no longer in danger after she was burned while sitting in a child seat on top of a lit stove.

The infant was first sent to hospital in the central Quebec town of Victoriaville before being transferred to a children’s facility in Montreal.

Police spokesperson Hugo Fournier said the girl is five months old.

Authorities said the girl’s father had burns to the hand and that the mother was in shock after Thursday night’s accident.

Both were also taken to hospital.

Police in the community 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal are waiting to speak to the unidentified parents to determine exactly what happened.

© 2016 The Canadian Press

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.

Global News