TORONTO – The judicial pretrial date for the Jian Ghomeshi sexual assault case has been set for March 27.
The former CBC radio host did not show up at a court proceeding held Thursday morning in Toronto.
Lawyer Marie Henein appeared in his place and said in court she is still waiting for outstanding material to come forward.
Earlier this month, a member of Ghomeshi’s legal team told the court they had received more than 1000 pages of disclosure from the crown.
Henein did not say a word to media while entering and exiting the College Park courthouse Thursday.
Ghomeshi currently faces seven sexual assault charges stemming from allegations that span from 2002 to 2008.
In a court appearance in January, it was revealed that three new complainants have come forward resulting in three additional charges.
He originally faced five criminal charges, including four counts of sexual assault and one charge of choking, in relation to alleged assault incidents involving three other women.
Ghomeshi had previously denied the allegations in multiple Facebook posts and said while he engaged in rough sex, his relationships with women were consensual.