Toronto Morning: What you need to know today
IN THE NEWS…
- GO train service on the Barrie and Richmond Hill lines are delayed this morning due to a minor CN derailment south of York University, GO Transit officials say. GO trains will be modified resulting in delays up to 30 minutes to your morning commute on the Barrie line. After departing the Rutherford GO, trains will detour on to the Richmond Hill Line to Union Station. There is no service to York University GO today. GO Shuttle Bus service will be running from Rutherford GO to York U.
- Hockey mad Toronto may be in line to land a second National Hockey League franchise by 2017, according to a media report. Sports Business News’ Howard Bloom wrote in a tweet that the NHL could be adding new teams in Quebec City, Toronto, Seattle and Las Vegas.
- Canada is in the process of evacuating its three-member mobile laboratory team from Sierra Leone over concerns for the safety of the scientists. The Public Health Agency of Canada said late Tuesday that the team is being recalled to Canada after people at the hotel complex where they were staying were diagnosed with Ebola.
- Electricity has been restored to over 6,000 Toronto Hydro customers in East York following a power outage due to an error by contractors during a construction dig Tuesday afternoon.
- Ontario Provincial Police have recovered the body of a 7-year-old boy who fell into a river near Burk’s Falls, Ont., on Sunday. Police say Korbin South had been playing near the Magnetawan River with other children when he fell in and was swept away by the current.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. High 24. UV index 7 or high.
To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT
Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.
© Shaw Media, 2014