UPDATE: The boil water advisory for the Cloverdale area has been lifted.
Residents and businesses are now encouraged to take the following steps before the drinking the water.
- Flush all water using fixtures for at least one minute to ensure there is no cloudy (turbid) water present
- Run cold water faucets and drinking water fountains for at least one minute
- Drain and flush all pop machines and ice making machines in refrigerator(s)
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle
- Drain and re-fill hot water tanks that are set below 45 C (normal setting 60C)
- Change any pre-treatment filters (under-sink style and refrigerator water filters, carbon block, activated carbon, sediment filters, etc.)
VANCOUVER – A boil water advisory was issued in Cloverdale Wednesday evening and crews are working this morning to restore service.
The City of Surrey says after 4 p.m. Wednesday, they experienced a major water main break at 176 Street and 68 Avenue. The water main was immediately shut down.
The City of Surrey recommends that all residents in Cloverdale, including those in Clayton Heights, boil their water for the next 24-hours or until otherwise advised.
© Shaw Media, 2014