This is a list provided to Global News of various daycare or day camp options for parents during the teacher’s strike.
- White Rock Leisure Services is offering a Sportsmania Camp for 6-12 year olds at Centennial Park from June 23-27. All skill levels are welcome for a week of soccer, ball hockey, relay-races and more. To register, all 604-541-2199 or visit www.whiterockcity.ca/register .
- Skills 4 Kids will offer a special program to help parents looking for things for their kids to do. The program is designed to keep kids active and engaged in learning during regular school hours (9:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday). They offer academic classes from 9:00 – 3:20 p.m., including: Math, Reading, Science and Nutrition, and Art. Skills 4 Kids programs are for children aged 3 to 8 years. Veronica Reguero, Skills 4 Kids, 250 Smithe Street, Vancouver. Tel.: 604-259-2294 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Site: http://www.skills4kids.ca
- Pinetree Day Camp – an exciting day of sports, science, crafts and games. For kids 6 – 12 years. Thursday, June 5 | 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m at the Pinetree Community Centre. Register: www.coquitlam.ca/featuredprograms
- Vancouver Park Board community centres are offering day-long programming on Friday, June 6. Currently, 12 community centres across the city are offering day camps on June 6 with indoor/outdoor play. They are: Coal Harbour, Champlain, Creekside, Dunbar, False Creek, Hastings, Kerrisdale, Killarney, Renfrew Park, Roundhouse, Trout Lake and West End. Prices vary. To register visit vancouver.ca and click on the ‘search’ button. In addition, a special skate is scheduled for 1:45-3:15 p.m. at Hillcrest Rink. Most pools, including outdoor ones, offer daytime public swim sessions.
- Kids on the Move – a filled day of fun, games, swimming and various other activities. 7 – 12 years. Thursday, June 5 | 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the Poirier Community Centre. Register: www.coquitlam.ca/featuredprograms
- Arts Umbrella – is now offering programming and childcare options during the B.C. teachers’ strike in Vancouver on June 6 and in Surrey on June 3. Get more information ONLINE.
- Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics - Gym and swim camp for kids 5 – 10 years old from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Register online; phone (604) 737-7693 or in person Millennium Gym
- Port Moody Recreation Complex - School’s Out! Kids’ Camp for ages 5-10 years. Join us for a day of fresh air, games, crafts and active play. 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. 300 Ioco Road, Port Moody. (604) 469-4556 http://www.portmoody.ca
- 11 Community Centres across the Vancouver are offering day camps with indoor/outdoor play. They are: Coal Harbour; Creekside; Dunbar; False Creek; Hastings; Kerrisdale; Marpole-Oakridge; Roundhouse; Tourt Lake; West End and West Point Grey. Prices vary. To register visit vancouver.ca and click on the ‘search’ button. In addtion, a special skate is scheduled for 1:45 – 3:15 p.m.
- Day of Arts – Runs 8:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. with optional after-hours care available until 4;30 p.m. for a nominal fee. Students in Grades K to 5 can choose from fantastic art, drama and music activities. Registration is now open and spots are limited. Registration can be done online, by phone (604-664-1636) or in-person at Place des Arts, 1120 Brunette Avenue, Coquitlam.
- School Strike Camp - Let us entertain your kids with our amazing Bricks 4 Kidz robotics classes using Lego bricks. Children will learn all about engineering and architecture while building different types of models and watching them come to life. 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. $45 per child. To register go to: http://www.bricks4kidz.com/canada-britishcolumbia-coquitlam
The list will be updated as information comes in.