Watch above: Shaye Ganam speaks with Jim Prentice on the Sept. 3, 2014 edition of the Global Edmonton Morning News.
EDMONTON – Former federal cabinet minister Jim Prentice handed in his nomination papers Friday, declaring he’s running for the leadership of Alberta’s Progressive Conservatives.
Here’s a look at his background:
- First elected to Parliament as the Conservative MP for Calgary-North-Centre in 2004.
- Served as Industry Minister, Environment Minister and the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development before resigning his seat in 2010.
- Was described by Prime Minister Stephen Harper as the “Chief Operating Officer of the Government of Canada.”
- Ran for the Federal PC leadership in 2003, finished second to Peter MacKay.
- Currently serves as the Senior Executive Vice-President and Vice-Chairman of CIBC.
- Prentice is also representing Enbridge in conversations with First Nations leaders in BC and Alberta about the Northern Gateway Pipeline proposal, which would carry Alberta bitumen to the west coast.
- Senior Executive Vice-President and Vice-Chairman of CIBC
- Jim Prentice on Facebook
- Jim Prentice on Twitter
Here’s a look at the chatter on Twitter surrounding the PC Leadership race:
© Shaw Media, 2014