SASKATOON – A Saskatoon man ticketed last year for driving without a seatbelt is going to trial over parking tickets.
Steve Simonar lost both his arms in a boating accident 30 years ago.
During a traffic blitz in April 2013, Simonar was ticketed for not wearing his seatbelt.
The prosecutor’s office withdrew the $175 ticket after the province granted him an exemption that allows him to drive without buckling up.
The latest dispute centres on parking attendants ticketing him even though he has a permit to park without plugging the meter.
“All this trouble that I’ve gone through to make sure it’s done right, and it’s still done wrong, just drives me crazy,” Simonar told Global News.
“And I’m not the only person. Just take care of this problem. I shouldn’t have to go to court for this.”
Global News contacted the city, but officials said they couldn’t comment at this time as the matter is before the court.
Simonar is back in court on Sept. 23.