A number of appointments at Hotel Dieu Hospital have been postponed due to flooding.
Kingston Health Sciences Centre says the burst pipe was discovered early Sunday morning, affecting several areas of the hospital, including the Sydenham, Centenary and Johnson wings. Hospital staff quickly responded to contain the water damage and assess the impacts.
Hospital officials say the damage is varied across each of those areas, however, as a precautionary measure, they are pausing all in-person patient appointments that are scheduled on Monday for the following areas:
- Centenary 5 – Heads Up! and eating disorder clinic
- Centenary 2 – Diabetes clinic, bariatric care clinic
- Centenary 4 – GI function unit
Patients who are scheduled for appointments in those areas will be contacted to make alternative arrangements. Staff in those departments are also being advised to contact their manager to have their work area assessed.
- Gaming the game: Ontario professor has advice on how to win Tim Hortons Roll Up to Win
- 11-year-old dead by suicide, one of 13 who’ve died in Alberta child welfare system so far this year
- Will Budget 2023 make life more affordable for Canadians? Here’s what experts say
- Canada eyes standardized charging ports on devices. Here’s what to know