Obsidian Energy has ended its hostile takeover attempt for Bonterra Energy Corp.
The company allowed its offer to buy Bonterra to expire on Monday.
Obsidian interim CEO Stephen Loukas said the economic environment has changed substantially since the company launched its offer last year.
Get daily National news
Loukas said combining at the proposed exchange ratio is no longer in the best interests of Obsidian Energy or its shareholders.
Obsidian had offered two of its shares for each Bonterra share.
Bonterra had repeatedly recommended shareholders reject the bid.
- Tumbler Ridge school shooting victim set to hopefully return home soon from Vancouver hospital
- Alberta Premier Danielle Smith announces investment in fighting wildfires
- Calgary family uses billboard in plea to find a kidney donor
- Canadian immigration officers investigating hundreds identified by extortion task force
Comments
Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.