Following a fire that broke out at the Port of Saint John American Iron and Metal (AIM) recycling facility on Sept. 24, health officials have concluded that there were no explosions and that no workers were exposed to toxic environments.
“It has been determined that the cause of the fire was an undetected nonferrous chunk of material that overheated,” AIM said in a statement on Wednesday.
A non-ferrous metal is a metal that does not contain iron, which includes alloys.
‘That ’90s Show’ trailer: Watch Red and Kitty Forman reopen their basement
Florida woman sues Kraft for $5M over Velveeta pasta prep time
On Sept. 24, Saint John Fire said the fire was quickly contained and controlled and there were no injuries.
“AIM is taking the situation seriously and with a view to prevention, is currently reviewing which technological changes can practically be made to prevent this from happening again.”