Winnipeg Mayor Brian Bowman has announced changes to the leadership of city committees, in an effort to better respond to the province’s reopening as well as the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“I’m proud of the way Winnipeggers have responded to the global pandemic,” said Bowman.
“As our city begins to adjust to a new normal, it is important that those in leadership roles are focused on how we can continue to build our city for the future during and after the pandemic has passed.”
Prince William and Kate Middleton booed while attending Boston Celtics game
NYC is looking for ‘bloodthirsty’ rat czar — and the job pays $228,000
“During these challenging times, I appreciate that councillor Chambers is prepared to provide needed leadership in the position of chair.”
The committee chairs of each standing policy committee, going forward, will be:
- Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works: Matt Allard (St. Boniface)
- Innovation and Economic Development: Jeff Browaty (North Kildonan)
- Finance: Scott Gillingham (St. James)
- Property and Development, Heritage, and Downtown Development: Cindy Gilroy (Daniel McIntyre)
- Water and Waste, Riverbank Management and the Environment: Brian Mayes (St. Vital)
- Protection, Community Services and Parks: Sherri Rollins (Fort Rouge – East Fort Garry)