Advertisement

Garage fire on Britannia Road started in chimney: Burlington fire officials

The Burlington Fire Department says a home sustained significant damage after a blaze started in a chimney on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Don Mitchell / Global News

The Burlington Fire Department says a blaze in a rural shed on Sunday afternoon likely started as a result of some uncooled ash in a chimney.

A city spokesperson says about 10 trucks and 30 firefighters were called to the scene just after 2:30 p.m. to a garage on Britannia Road.

READ MORE: Burlington apartment fire sends 1 person to hospital

Investigators say the structure suffered an estimated $150,000 of damage.

No one was hurt in the fire.

Advertisement