May 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Updated: May 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Victim who died in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Salmon Arm identified

WATCH: Tragedy at a Salmon Arm campground after a woman was killed by a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning and a child was taken to hospital in critical condition. Jules Knox reports.


The mother who died in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning during a Shuswap camping trip has been identified as Lucy Beaurain.

Beaurain, who’s in her 30s, according to the BC Coroners Service, was camping with friends and family at Salmon Arm’s Sandy Beach Campground for the long weekend.

READ MORE: Woman dead after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at Salmon Arm campground

She was found in her tent Saturday morning with a cooking pot that had wood ash in it, according to police. RCMP believe Beaurain was using it as a source of heat.

WATCH: (Aired Dec. 6, 2018) Family of five hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning

Police suspect that Beaurain died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Her daughter, who was also in the tent, was airlifted to hospital in critical condition.

READ MORE: Province considering new rules around carbon monoxide alarms

The BC Coroners Service is investigating, but police do not believe the death is suspicious.

More information on carbon monoxide poisonings can be found here.

© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.