Advertisement

Toronto home of Barry and Honey Sherman to be demolished

Click to play video: 'Family of Barry and Honey Sherman apply for permit to demolish the couple’s North York home' Family of Barry and Honey Sherman apply for permit to demolish the couple’s North York home
The family of Barry and Honey Sherman have asked permission to tear down the couple's home. Neighbours who live on Old Colony Road say they understand why the children want the house torn down. Catherine McDonald reports – Mar 7, 2019

The residence of Barry and Honey Sherman, both of whom were found dead inside their Toronto home in 2017, will be demolished.

North York Community Council approved a demolition application on Tuesday for 50 Old Colony Road.

A representative of RKS Building Group, the company hired by the Sherman family to move ahead with the tear down, said the home had been vacant for more than a year.

READ MORE: Barry and Honey Sherman’s family ask for permission to tear down couple’s Toronto home

The request to demolish the building was submitted on Feb. 5. A letter written by an agent for the family said the home contained “bad memories and a stigma attached due to the incident that took place.”

The Shermans were found inside their home on Dec. 15, 2017. A post-mortem examination found Barry and Honey died of “ligature neck compression.”

Story continues below advertisement

READ MORE: $10-million reward offered in Barry, Honey Sherman murder case

Toronto police at the time said that although they weren’t looking for an outstanding suspect and there was no sign of forced entry into the home, they did consider the deaths suspicious.

Investigators later ruled the deaths as a double homicide. No arrests have been made in the case and no suspects have been identified.

The family have since offered a $10 million reward for information that would solve the case.

Sponsored content