Teens facing second-degree murder charges in Saskatoon shooting death
Two teens have been charged in Saskatoon’s second homicide of 2019.
Saskatoon police were called to the 100 block of Avenue Q South Tuesday evening for a report of an injured man.
Mark Enwaya, 31, was declared dead at the scene due to a shooting, police said.
The investigation resulted in officers arresting two boys, 15 and 17, in the 200 block of Avenue S South.
Police said they were in possession of a firearm.
They are charged with second-degree murder and numerous firearm offences. Their names cannot be released due to provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The two youth were scheduled to appear Thursday morning in Saskatoon provincial court.
Police said the accused and the victim are not believed to have known each other.
There have been several shootings close to St. Paul’s hospital in the last week that could be gang-related, and it appears innocent people have been the victims.
Police spokesperson Alyson Edwards says they are asking people in the area to be careful.
“We want people to be aware of their surroundings, and to report any suspicious activity,” she said.
© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.