Saturday night Peterborough house fire leaves 8 people without a home
Eight people have been left without a home after a house fire in Peterborough on Saturday night.
The fire happened just after 10 p.m. on Victory Drive.
According to Peterborough Fire Department, the cause of the fire was due to a cooking incident in a basement unit.
Three pets also had to be rescued, officials say.
WATCH: Fire destroys country home near Peterborough
The Peterborough Disaster Trust Fund is providing assistance to the people displaced.
Damage is estimated at $30,000.