Advertisement

Resident in critical condition after early-morning West End fire

An accidental kitchen fire at a West End home started a blaze that sent one person to hospital in critical condition, says the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service.

The fire, in the 900 block of Ashburn Street, was extinguished around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.

READ MORE: Ellice Avenue fire leaves 1 person in hospital in Winnipeg

Read next: Pope clarifies comments on homosexuality, says sexual act ‘outside of marriage’ is a sin

One of the two residents was able to escape before fire crews arrived. The second person was found inside the burning home during a search and taken to hospital.

No damage estimates are available at this time.

WATCH: Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service battles fire on Maryland Street

Click to play video: 'Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service battles fire on Maryland Street'
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service battles fire on Maryland Street

Sponsored content