Canada, the Sick
At a time when there’s never been more information about how to live a healthy lifestyle, Canadian obesity rates are twice as high as they were in the 1970s. Canadians are also increasingly suffering from chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes.
In a multi-part series, Global News takes a closer look at the problem, with stories on:
- Canada’s obesity rate
- How income inequality contributes to unequal health
- The enduring appeal of dieting
- How the structure of your neighbourhood affects your health
- Why working in an office can be harmful to your health
- Why telling people with obesity to eat less and exercise more doesn’t help
Coverage can be found on all our platforms: on globalnews.ca, on Global TV, Global News Radio and our social channels.
Listen: Journalist Leslie Young discusses the #CanadaTheSick series:
Have you had trouble managing your weight? Tell us about it using the form below.
Note: We may use your response in this or other stories. While we may contact you to follow up we won’t publish your contact information.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.