Four-year-old rushed to hospital after eating marijuana edible: Nova Scotia RCMP
Nova Scotia RCMP are reminding people that cannabis remains illegal until later this year after a four-year-old was rushed to hospital after consuming an edible marijuana chocolate bar.
Police say that they responded to the call on July 21.
The four-year-old child had reportedly found what she thought was a chocolate bar in the console of the family vehicle.
However, the bar was instead an edible cannabis product.
The child reportedly ate 15 pieces of the marijuana-laced edible. The recommended consumption for an adult is one piece a day.
The Mounties say that when the father realized the bar was missing he noticed that his four-year-old was looking very pale.
He called 911, who attended and transported the child to hospital.
She has since been treated and released.
The RCMP continue to investigate and have yet to determine whether charges will be laid.
RCMP are reminding Nova Scotians that possession of cannabis is illegal until Oct. 17, and that under federal law it will remain illegal to sell edibles — even after the Oct. 17 legalization date.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.