Toronto police say they are investigating two scenes after a man was found with multiple stab wounds in the Rexdale area.
A police spokesperson said officers received an initial call around 12:30 p.m. Saturday with reports of a fight between two parties. They received a second call around 1 p.m. that a man had been found unconscious in the area of Martin Grove Road and John Garland Boulevard. They believe the two incidents are connected.
Paramedics said they transported a man in life-threatening condition from multiple stab wounds on an emergency run to a trauma centre. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Get daily National news
He has been identified as 56-year-old Winston Freckleton, of Toronto.
Police said they have one person in custody and homicide has taken over the investigation. Joseph Whittick, 30, was charged with first-degree murder.
The investigation is ongoing.
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.