Police seek public assistance in Calgary pharmacy break-in investigation
Calgary police are the hunt for a man they say is suspected to be connected to a string of 13 pharmacy break-ins between January and early March.
Police said in a news release a man was seen on video surveillance breaking storefront glass and then attempting to steal some cash and narcotics from the pharmacy department.
Police said the following pharmacies were hit between Jan. 21 and Mar. 5:
- Eastside Pharmacy, located in the 3400 block of 17 Avenue S.E.
- Universal Pharmacy, located in the 5200 block of Memorial Drive E.
- Erin Woods Pharmacy, located in the 3700 block of 52 Street S.E.
- Viet Hoa Pharmacy, located in the 1800 block of 48 Street. S.E.
- Pineridge Medical Clinic, located in the 3200 block of 60 Street N.E.
- IDA Pharmacy, located in the 3500 block of 26 Avenue S.E.
- The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, located in the 5400 block of 4 Street N.E.
- Remedy’s Rx, located in the 800 block of Chaparral Drive S.E.
- Rexall Pharmacy, located 3300 block of 17 Avenue S.E.
Police are also seeking a second man they allege assisted in another break-in on Feb. 16 at The Medicine Shoppe pharmacy, located in the 2600 block of 36 Street N.E.
The first suspect is described as:
- Male with a slim build wearing dark-coloured clothing and a hood.
- He had a hat pulled over his face.
- Wearing an Aircast walking boot on his right leg, however, toward the end of February he no longer had it on.
There is no description for the second suspect.
Police add that a vehicle, possibly a silver Ford Focus, was also used in the break-ins.
Police are asking anyone with information to call police 403-266-1234 or contact crime stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.