Advertisement

8 treated for carbon monoxide exposure at Mississauga house

Mississauga family involved in carbon monoxide scare opens up about frightening night
WATCH ABOVE: After being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, a Mississauga family spoke exclusively to Global News about their frightening experience. Shallima Maharaj reports.

Peel Paramedics say eight people have been treated after they were exposed to carbon monoxide inside a home in Mississauga Monday evening.

Paramedics and firefighters were called to a house on Sherwood Mills Boulevard, near Mavis Road and Eglinton Avenue West, at around 6:45 p.m.

A spokesperson for the Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services told Global News someone called 911 about a possible carbon monoxide leak.

After firefighters arrived, the spokesperson said firefighters found a high level of carbon monoxide and an evacuation of the home was ordered.

Officials said eight people were assessed after reporting multiple symptoms, including vomiting. Some of those affected were taken to hospital as a precaution, paramedics said.

Firefighters said the residents reported the heaters were fixed earlier in the day, but a spokesperson said crews haven’t confirmed the source of the leak and that the investigation is still ongoing.

Story continues below advertisement