Less than 10 days after launching an investigation, RCMP have charged a Claresholm, Alta. man with sexual assault, sexual interference and sexual exploitation.
RCMP said five victims in their mid to late teens alleged numerous sexual assault incidents that happened over the course of 11 months.
On Nov. 15, RCMP started an investigation into the reports.
On Friday, they said a Claresholm man had been charged with six counts of sexual assault, five counts of sexual interference and eight counts of sexual exploitation.
RCMP confirm the victims and the accused know each another and believe these were targeted incidents.
“I would encourage all parents to keep the lines of communication open at all times with their children about sexual encounters and any circumstances that just don’t feel right,” Cpl. Laurel Scott said.
The name of the accused is not being released in order to protect the identities of the victims.
He is set to appear in provincial court in Fort MacLeod on Dec. 6.
“Claresholm RCMP would like to thank the victims for coming forward,” police said in a news release.
“The RCMP would like to encourage anyone who feels they may have been a victim of a similar crime, or any other crime, to report these incidents.”
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call RCMP at 403-625-4444.