The film company behind Louis C.K.’s new movie, I Love You, Daddy, has confirmed that it will no longer be releasing it in light of the sexual misconduct allegations against the comedian.
The move by The Orchard comes after C.K. was accused of sexual harassment by five different women in the New York Times exposé on Thursday. The women claimed the comedian either masturbated in front of them or asked permission to do so.
“The Orchard will not be moving forward with the release of I Love You, Daddy,” the company said in a brief statement Friday morning.
The New York premiere of C.K.’s film was cancelled abruptly, just hours before it was due to take place on Thursday due to “unexpected circumstances.”
The Orchard released a statement yesterday saying, “In light of the allegations concerning Louis C.K. referenced in today’s New York Times, we are cancelling tonight’s premiere of I Love You, Daddy. There is never a place for the behavior detailed in these allegations. As a result, we are giving careful consideration to the timing and release of the film and continuing to review the situation.”
WATCH BELOW: Comedian Louis C.K. faces accusations of sexual misconduct
HBO has also cut ties with C.K. following the Times story. The premium cable network is dropping the Louie star from their upcoming comedy special, Night of Too Many Stars: America Unites for Autism Programs and is also pulling C.K.’s previous stand-up specials and series from its on-demand services.
“Louis C.K. will no longer be participating in the Night of Too Many Stars: America Unites for Autism Programs, which will be presented live on HBO on November 18,” HBO said in a statement. “In addition, HBO is removing Louis C.K.’s past projects from its On Demand services.”
C.K.’s other HBO projects include the comedy series Lucky Louie, along with comedy specials One Night Stand, Shameless and Oh My God.
His relationship with FX, which airs his show Louie, is “under review.”
FX released a statement on Thursday, saying: “We are obviously very troubled by the allegations about Louis C.K. published in The New York Times today. The network has received no allegations of misconduct by Louis C.K. related to any of our 5 shows produced together over the past 8 years. FX Networks and FXP take all necessary actions to protect our employees and thoroughly investigate any allegations of misconduct within our workplace. That said, the matter is currently under review.”
Netflix has also said that it will not produce a second stand-up special with C.K. that had been planned.
“The allegations made by several women in The New York Times about Louis C.K.’s behaviour are disturbing,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement. “Louis’s unprofessional and inappropriate behaviour with female colleagues has led us to decide not to produce a second stand up special, as had been planned.”
The comedian’s planned appearance on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Thursday was also cancelled, with William H. Macy taking his place on the late-night show.