Stolen guns, drugs and cash seized from North Kentville home: RCMP
Two people are facing charges after police raided a home on Scott Drive in North Kentville, N.S.
RCMP say their investigation started on Oct. 3, after a business in Canning, N.S. was broken into and restricted handguns were stolen.
Following a search, police say they seized the stolen handguns along with a number of long guns, cocaine, cannabis and a large amount of cash.
Kyle Michael Joseph Markle, 21, and Samantha Hope Collins, 19, were arrested at the scene.
The pair have been charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cannabis
- Possession of firearms (long gun) without having a license to possess
- Possession of firearms (handguns) without having a license to possess
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition without having authorization or a license to do so
- Possession of a firearm knowing the serial number on it had been defaced
In addition, police say Markle has been charged with break and enter and stealing a firearm.
Markle and Collins appeared in Kentville Provincial Court on Oct. 10 and were released on conditions. They will return to court on Nov. 7.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.