The man who fled authorities last week with his six-year-old boy and was later charged in the slaying of the child’s mother remains in hospital after a suicide attempt.
A Superior Court Justice today ordered the man to undergo a psychological evaluation and put off his court appearance until next Wednesday.
READ MORE: Suspect in Quebec Amber Alert charged with killing boy’s mother
Get breaking National news
The 41-year-old suspect has been in an Ottawa hospital since Saturday and had been in a coma.
Crown prosecutor Aryanne Guerin says she was told the suspect has started to move his hands and feet and had opened his eyes.
READ MORE: Father in Quebec Amber Alert case hospitalized after suffering unspecified injury
The suspect was arrested Friday by Ontario provincial police and his son was located in a stolen vehicle in eastern Ontario.
Quebec police issued an Amber Alert for the boy after they discovered the body of the child’s mother last Thursday night in Saint-Eustache, Que.
- Former prince Andrew arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office
- Tumbler Ridge school shooting victim set to hopefully return home soon from Vancouver hospital
- Shia LaBeouf arrested after fight during Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Anti-feminist ideology ‘increasingly relevant’ to national security: CSIS
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.