Ariana Grande breaks silence on Manchester attack with touching note
She’s now broken her silence about the suicide bombing in the form of a sincere, heartfelt letter posted to her Twitter account.
Among other things, Grande emphasizes how important the reaction of her fans was; namely, she praises them for not wallowing in negativity, and for being compassionate with one another.
“The compassion, kindness, love, strength and oneness that you’ve shown one another this past week is the exact opposite of the heinous intentions it must take to pull off something as evil as what happened Monday,” she wrote. “YOU are the opposite.”
READ MORE: Father of three Ariana Grande fans pens touching open letter to singer
Grande also makes a promise to return to Manchester in the near future (she doesn’t provide a specific date) to perform a benefit concert in honour of and to benefit the attack victims and their families. The singer had been coming under fire from various critics like host Piers Morgan, who said that the singer absconded too quickly from Manchester, rather than supporting her fans.
Even Morgan recanted following Grande’s letter.
At the end of her note, Grande says the victims will always be a part of her life.
“They will be on my mind and in my heart everyday [sic] and I will think of them with everything I do for the rest of my life.”
WATCH: The latest on the Manchester terrorist attacks
Grande’s manager, Scooter Braun (who also manages Justin Bieber), tweeted his support of the singer.
The suicide bomber killed at least 22 people on Monday just outside the concert hall, in what British Prime Minister Theresa May called a sickening act targeting children and young people.Follow @CJancelewicz
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.