Another overnight blizzard sweeping across Nova Scotia is bringing another slew of cancellations and travel delays across the province.
Here’s what’s closed or delayed for Thursday, Feb. 16:
- Halifax Regional School Board – Closed for the day, school board offices opening at 11 a.m.
- Chignecto Central Regional School Board – Closed for the day, offices and work sites have two to four hour delay.
- Annapolis Valley Regional School Board – Closed for the day, including offices and work sites.
- South Shore Regional School Board – Closed for the day, regional office opening at 10 a.m.
- Strait Regional School Board – Closed for the day, staff to report at regular time.
- Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board – Closed for the day, offices to have delayed opening.
- Tri-County Regional School Board – Closed for the day.
- CSAP – All schools closed. Southwest office opening at 10 a.m., Central office opening at 11 a.m.
- Dalhousie University – Halifax, King’s College Truro campuses delayed opening, update expected at 10 a.m.
- Saint Mary’s University – Opening and operating as usual.
- Mount Saint Vincent University – Open and operating as usual.
- NSCC – Shelburne, Digby, Cumberland, Kingstec and Truro campuses closed for the day. Halifax, Akerley campus delayed opening.
- NSCAD – Open as usual.
- Acadia University – Closed for the day.
Roads across the province are snow covered and blowing snow is reducing visibility.
- Halifax Transit – Several routes running on snow plan due to road conditions.
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport – Some flights delayed or canceled, check with your airline.
- Halifax harbour bridges – Both bridges open to all vehicles until 7 p.m. Tuesday.
- 100-series Highways – Many highways around Halifax experiencing whiteouts and low visibility.
- Marine Atlantic – Crossings between North Sydney and Port aux Basques are delayed.
Halifax Municipal Offices
- Garbage/recycling/green cart collection – Going ahead, but may experience delays.
- Halifax Recreational Facilities – Delayed opening until 8:30 a.m., update expected at 7.
- Sidewalk clearing – Many already cleared sidewalks are now snow covered again, some are still impassable.
- Halifax Public Library – All branches delaying opening until 11 a.m.