November 25, 2015 6:16 am
Updated: November 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Family of three taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning

WATCH ABOVE: Police are warning the public after a west-end Toronto family was taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. Tom Hayes has the story.

A A

TORONTO – Two adults and a child were taken to hospital overnight following a case of carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in west-end Toronto.

Emergency crews were called to the scene around 2 a.m. ET. on Wareside Road near Rathburn Road and Highway 427 to find three people outdoors suffering symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The two adults and child were taken to hospital for treatment but are expected to be fine.

Police said the furnace in the home was leaking and the male inside quickly noticed the symptoms and brought everyone outside.

Authorities said carbon monoxide levels were close to 900 parts per million (ppm). Levels past 70 ppm induce symptoms which include nausea and headaches.

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.