Princess bootcamp? Cressida Bonas, and why the odds are ever in her favour
Cressida Bonas is making headlines like never before as a result of her first official public outing supporting her beau Prince Harry, at the charity event We Day UK, on March 7, in London. Since then, we’ve also seen the pair step out together this month at a rugby match. This is the most public we’ve seen Harry and Cressida together since their quiet relationship start back in July 2012, and it has sparked a frenzy of engagement rumours in the media.
Also in the headlines, are reports Cressida is in “Princess Bootcamp.” The Daily Star claims a source told them Cressida is receiving training on how to handle the media and act in public. Is this true? Hard to say, but my guess is yes. Especially if we’re seeing Cressida stepping out at official functions now.
All this excitement is putting bets of Cressida becoming “Princess Cressida” favourbably high, with odds at 3-1 in her favour. But when exactly will an engagement announcement happen? What do we really know of Cressida?
Here’s a bit of basic background on “Cressy,” as her friends and family reportedly call her:
1) She’s 25-years-old. Born, February 18th, 1989, she is the daughter of Jeffrey Bonas and Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon.
2) She has royal blood. She’s reportedly descended from King Charles II and is the granddaughter of the 6th Earl Howe.
3) She’s the baby of five. Cressida’s mother has been married and divorced four times, and Cressida has four half-siblings. Her one sister, Isabella Calthorpe is married to Sam Branson, son of billionaire Richard Branson.
4) She’s a royal friend. She is friends with Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, who are reported to have introduced the royal couple.
5) She has acting chops. She appeared on a UK show called Trinity, as a cheerleader.
I suspect if the happy couple continue on the official public appearances path, we could see an engagement announcement towards this fall, after or sometime around Prince Harry’s 30th birthday on September 15th. Or, could an announcement come towards end-of-year, in time for the holidays? (After all, the royals have to keep their popularity momentum going, and nothing does that better than royal weddings and royal babies.)
On the other hand, are we all just getting excited over nothing? There are rumours that Cressida does not want to give up her career dreams of becoming an actress. It’s also worth noting that Kate Middleton’s first official engagement alongside her then prince-to-be was in 2006, at Prince William’s Passing Out Parade, long before their engagement in 2010. It’s likely an engagement announcement this year would be very premature for Prince Harry and Cressida.
What do you think? Will we see Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas engaged this year? Have your say in our poll and comments below.