Woman douses Kelowna fire before the professionals arrive
KELOWNA – A passerby took on the role of a firefighter Tuesday night after spotting a small blaze in a utility trailer.
It was left unattended in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant on Hollywood Road North.
Police say the woman witness used a fire extinguisher to douse the flames which caused damage to a brake light housing and a tarp covering the load of yard waste.
The fire may be connected to youths in the area at the time who are associated to a small, white car and a dark-coloured pickup truck.