A family in East Vancouver is thanking firefighters for reviving their dog after quickly knocking down a fire at their home.
On Sunday night, firefighters responded to the house at 1862 Venables Street and found the dog inside, suffering from smoke inhalation.
Crews brought the dog outside and were able to revive it. The Vancouver Fire Department has oxygen masks that are able to fit pets and crews were able to provide oxygen and water to the dog before it was able to go to the vet.
© 2016 Shaw Media