Toronto Morning: What you need to know today
IN THE NEWS…
- Toronto’s executive committee will discuss a request today to amend the Provincial Offences Act and allow the city’s parking enforcement officers to issue infractions by mail.
- Ontario could reap more money from booze sales and consumers could pay less for alcohol if the provincial government opened up the business to more retailers, a new report found.
- Family and friends of a 14-year-old Hamilton teen killed in a stabbing incident held a vigil to express their grief and loss Tuesday night. Mourners gathered around a corner from where Jesse Clark was killed Monday night by a single stab wound to the heart following an altercation between two groups of teens on Gordon Street.
- Police are investigating after two people were injured in two separate stabbing incidents in Toronto overnight.
- Ontario won’t allow turban-wearing Sikhs to ride a motorcycle without wearing a helmet, a decision the Canadian Sikh Association called “deeply” disappointing.
Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers this morning and early this afternoon. A few showers beginning this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. High 22. UV index 6 or high.
To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT
Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.
© Shaw Media, 2014