IN THE NEWS…
- Ontario Provincial Police say all lanes of southbound Highway 400 at King Road is closed for several hours due to a fatal collision investigation Thursday morning. Police say all southbound traffic will be diverted off at King Road during the morning rush hour.
- Provincial police are searching for witnesses after a motorcyclist was killed in a crash on Highway 400 late Wednesday evening. Ontario Provincial Police say the man in his 30s was travelling southbound on Highway 400 just north of the 401 just after 11 p.m. when he crashed.
- Cats roaming the streets of downtown Toronto aren’t anything new but a large Bengal tiger prowling Kensington Market definitely caught a few people’s attention early Thursday morning. The striped creature was taking part in a music video shoot for the song “Thru The Fire” by Toronto rapper Tasha The Amazon.
- There’s been lots of ups and downs these last 29 years and now Canada’s Wonderland is ready to say goodbye to one of its staple attractions. The Vaughan, Ont. amusement park says the “SkyRider” — the country’s first stand up roller coaster — will be retired this Labour Day weekend.
- Russia is responding to fresh sanctions from Canada, the U.S. and other countries with a ban on food imports for a year. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev says the ban covers meat, fish, milk and milk products and fruit and vegetables from Canada, the U.S., the European Union, Australia and Norway.
A mix of sun and cloud. Fog patches dissipating early this morning. High 25. UV index 7 or high.
To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT
Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.