Sex offender being released Saturday expected to live in Winnipeg
WINNIPEG – A sex offender considered a high risk to reoffend in a sexual and/or violent manner is expected to live in Winnipeg after he’s released from prison Saturday, police say.
The Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit issued a warning about the release of Kenton Richard Bryer, also known as Richard Dale Bryer, 50, from Stony Mountain Institution on Saturday.
Bryer is five-foot four and 140 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has multiple tattoos, including a monster with a crystal ball and bats on his back, a skull with an eight ball and three skulls with bandanas on his chest, a tiger and a skull with a shotgun barrel and a heart on his right arm, a skull with a ribbon and three burning skulls on his left arm.
Bryer is a long-term offender who was serving a 37-day sentence for breaching a supervision order when he tested positive for THC, the psychoactive in marijuana, a news release from the sex offender unit said.
Bryer, who has a lengthy history of violent and sexual offences, was designated a long-term offender on Aug. 31, 2009, and placed under a 10-year long-term-supervision order.
All females are at risk from Bryer, who has participated in some treatment but is still considered a high risk, police said.
He was convicted in 2003 of sexually assaulting two teenage girls at knifepoint in two separate incidents. He was also convicted of sexual assault with a weapon in 2009. He’s also been convicted of assaulting a girlfriend and of assault causing bodily harm.
Bryer’s long-term supervision order includes these conditions:
- A curfew;
- Abstaining from alcohol, non-prescribed drugs and other intoxicants and not to going places where the primary function is alcohol sales;
- Not possessing firearms or weapons, including knives outside his home;
- Completing programming as directed by his parole officer, including sex offender, anger management, violence prevention, family violence, substance abuse and additions and psychological and psychiatric counseling;
- Immediately reporting all intimate, sexual and non-sexual, relationships and friendships with females;
- Not being in the presence of girls unless accompanied by a responsible adult and with prior written approval from his parole officer;
- Not being in, near or around places where children are likely to congregate unless accompanied by a responsible adult and with prior written approval from his parole officer; and
- Avoiding all contact with his previous sexual offence victims.
Police ask anyone with information about Bryer to call the Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit at 204-984-1888.
© Shaw Media, 2014