(Watch above: Jennifer Crosby interviews PC leadership candidate Thomas Lukaszuk on the Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2014 edition of the Morning News)
Here’s a look at his background:
- Born in Poland and raised in Edmonton.
- Worked as a social studies teacher with the Edmonton Catholic School District.
- Won the Edmonton-Castle Downs constituency in 2001 after the retirement of MLA Pamela Paul.
- Appointed to his first cabinet post in 2010 as minister of employment and immigration.
- Served as education minister and minister of enterprise and advanced education.
- Appointed deputy premier in 2012 before being replaced by Dave Hancock in a cabinet shuffle.
- Most recently minister of jobs, skills, training and labour, a post he resigned from to run in the Alberta PC leadership race.
- Married, with two daughters.
- You can follow Lukaszuk on Twitter and on Facebook.
- You can visit is website here.
Watch: Gord Steinke speaks with Lukaszuk on the Thursday, June 19, 2014 edition of the Early News
Here’s a look at the chatter on Twitter surrounding the PC leadership race:
© Shaw Media, 2014