March 18 2019 4:40pm

Smoke forces evacuation of Cobourg retirement residence

Part of a retirement home in Cobourg was evacuated Monday afternoon after smoke was found on the fourth floor.

Around 1:30 p.m., Cobourg fire crews responded to the call at Cobourg Retirement Residence.

Staff members had already gotten residents in the affected area out beyond the fire doors.
No one was injured.

It turns out, the smoke was coming from a space heater that had overheated due to some dust.

Division Street was closed for about half an hour while firefighters were on scene.

Responsive site?

Video Home