Saskatchewan RCMP continue to investigate a suspicious death and a break-in at a home 20 kilometres south of Stockholm and Esterhazy.
Police received a call shortly after 4 a.m. on Feb 10, and the initial investigation found three men broke into the residence.
A man who lived in the home was found dead, and a woman was found injured and transported to the hospital.
Police said three long-barreled firearms and a significant amount of ammunition was stolen from the victim’s residence.
On Monday, the RCMP confirmed the male victim was a 34-year-old man from the RM of Fertile Belt, Sask.
They also reported that the female victim has been released from the hospital.
RCMP have come out with new information on the suspects.
- Believed to be male and approximately 6’ 2” tall.
- Piercing/scar or absence of hair on left eyebrow.
- May have a lower stomach tattoo.
- Wearing a black beanie-style head covering/hat.
- Dark-coloured Carhartt/work-style jacket with a lighter-coloured “sherpa” style liner.
- Believed to be male, and the oldest suspect.
- Around 5’ 11” and 210 pounds.
- Tattoos include a small one near the corner of left eye and a top arched tattoo near the top of the left cheekbone.
- Believed to be male and the shortest of the three suspects.
- Approximately 200-240 pounds.
- Wearing what is believed to have been a “Red Dragon Apparel” hoodie. There was a large “Red Dragon” logo on the front with no zipper.
The investigation also determined the suspects drove a vehicle to the scene and left in it after stealing and setting the homeowner’s vehicle on fire.
The vehicle was later found abandoned and on fire.
Officers say the investigation is still ongoing and more information will be released as it becomes available.
Anyone seeing suspicious activity is asked to call 9-1-1.