Advertisement

Possible carbon monoxide poisoning kills two family members in Montérégie

Possible carbon monoxide poisoning kills two family members in Venise-en-Québec. Tuesday, January 25, 2022. TVA

Two people are dead and another is fighting for his life following a possible carbon monoxide poisoning in the Montérégie.

According to police, a 62-year-old man and an 80-year-old woman lost their lives. An 80-year-old man is in critical condition, while a 52-year-old woman is in stable condition. Police suspect carbon monoxide intoxication.

Police believe the incident happened just before 9 p.m. Tuesday at a mobile home on the Domaine Florentin campgrounds in Venise-en-Québec in the Montérégie area.

Read more: Côte Saint-Luc couple killed by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, Quebec coroner rules

 

Carbon monoxide can be deadly since it is nearly impossible to detect.

The SQ’s major crimes unit is investigating.

Story continues below advertisement

— with files from Julie Turcotte from Global News

Sponsored content