Advertisement

Electrical failure sparks $900,000 fire at Burlington home

Firefighters in Burlington battled a house fire Friday night. Global News

Damage is estimated at $900,000 following a house fire in Burlington, Ont.

Firefighters were called to a home on Roseville Court, on the west side of Bronte Creek Provincial Park, around 9:30 p.m. Friday.

Fire officials say one person was in the house at the time and managed to get out safely.

Read more: Firefighter injured in early morning central Hamilton blaze

The suspected cause of the blaze is an electrical failure in the basement.

Due to the amount of fire damage, the Office of the Fire Marshal has been called in to investigate.

Click to play video: 'Firefighters praised for recusing  dog from South Vancouver house fire' Firefighters praised for recusing dog from South Vancouver house fire
Firefighters praised for recusing dog from South Vancouver house fire – Aug 3, 2021

Sponsored content