In its update issued around 4:29 pm., the health unit reported 34 active cases, up from 29 reported 24 hours earlier. The health unit’s jurisdiction includes Peterborough, Peterborough County, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation.
There are now 1,491 resolved cases (four more since Thursday), which make up 96.4 per cent of the 1,546 cumulative cases since the pandemic was declared in March 2020 (the health unit notes two cases were removed from previous days).
The health unit is still dealing with two active outbreaks. There have been no new outbreaks declared in June.
- Riverview Manor long-term care in Peterborough: Declared May 31 after two staff members tested positive.
- Workplace in Peterborough (#11): Declared on May 28. Case details not available.
Since the pandemic began, the health unit has dealt with 301 COVID-19 cases associated with 50 outbreaks.
Other COVID-19 data for Friday:
- Deaths: 21 — the latest on Sunday, May 30, one of four that month since the pandemic was declared, two deaths have been linked to the Empress Gardens Retirement Residence in Peterborough. Another death was linked to the Severn Court Student Residence February outbreak in Peterborough, while three were tied to a November 2020 outbreak at Fairhaven.
- Hospitalizations: at least 72 cases have required hospitalized care since the pandemic was declared — remains unchanged since Wednesday; 15 required the intensive care unit (unchanged). The ICU admissions make up one per cent of all the health unit’s cases.
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre: reports as of noon Friday there were two COVID-19 inpatients — remains unchanged since Tuesday’s update. There have been at least 76 patient transfers from other areas — unchanged.
- Close contacts: 47 on Friday, down from 59 reported on Thursday and 64 on Wednesday.
- Trent University: Reports no cases.
- Fleming College: reports no cases related to its Sutherland campus.
- More than 53,150 people have been tested for COVID-19.
Vaccination appointments must be made via the provincial call centre at 1-833-943-3900, available daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or anytime online.
Clinics are being run at the Evinrude Centre and Peterborough Regional Health Centre. Clinics for youth aged 12 to 17 are scheduled June 15-17 at the Evinrude Centre.
On Thursday, in its weekly vaccination update, the health unit reported it had surpassed 100,000 doses administered, reporting 103,327 total vaccine COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered at clinics.
Peterborough and area pharmacies offering a vaccine to eligible recipients:
- Aylmer Street Pharmacy, 296 Aylmer St N. (in Above and Beyond)
- Costco Pharmacy, 485 The Parkway
- Charlotte Care Pharmacy, 270 Charlotte St. Unit 100
- Keene Drug Mart, 1105 Heritage Line in Keene
- Havelock Pharmacy, 44 Ottawa St. W. in Havelock
- High St. Guardian, 815 High St.
- Loblaw Pharmacy, 400 Lansdowne St. E
- Loblaw Pharmacy, 230 George St. N. (inside No Frills Grocery)
- Medical Centre Pharmacy, 707 Charlotte St.
- Pharmasave The Clinic Pharmacy at 26 Hospital Dr.
- Rexall Pharmacy, 85 George St. N.
- Rexall Pharmacy, 1154 Chemong Rd.
- Rx Drug Mart, 16 Grand Road in Campbellford
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 971 Chemong Rd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 250 Charlotte St.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 741 Lansdowne St. W.
- Shoppers Simply Pharmacy, 361 George St. N.
- Sobeys Pharmacy, 1200 Lansdowne St. W.
- Walmart, 1002 Chemong Rd.
- Walmart Pharmacy, 950 Lansdowne St. W.
- Westmount Pharmacy, 1293 Clonsilla Ave.
Appointments are required and can be made by calling the respective pharmacies.View link »