The Calgary Fire Department says four people living in a home in the community of McKenzie Lake were able to get out safely on Friday after a fire sparked in the garage.
Crews were called to a house along Mt. Selkirk Close Southeast at around 2:20 a.m. by neighbours who spotted the blaze.
The fire department said a passerby knocked on the door of the home to wake the residents and get them out.
Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading from the garage to the rest of the home.
No injuries were reported.